1. A goal with no obstacles is not worth pursuing.
I completely agree with this statement.The whole reason you play the game is to feel a sense of achievement when you conquer something new.The obstacles will put the player in the situation where they have to challenge themselves.
2. What is the relationship between the main character and the goal? Why does the character care about it?
The background story of our game comes from the Dragon Ball Z Series. When he or she plays the game, they will feel just like the character in the Series.The character will care about the quest because the character has heroism,bravery, is capable, and is trustworthy.The character will want to save the village and their family and friends.
3. What are the obstacles between the character and the goal?
The obstacles between the character and the goal are fighting all the aliens, getting all the clues to find the Dragon Balls ,and then finding the Dragon Balls to move forward.
4. Do the obstacles gradually increase in difficulty? If yes, how?
Yes. The player will have to fight different kinds of aliens, talk to more villagers for hints.Also the player will have to use to right weapon on the proper alien.
5. Great stories often involve the protagonist transforming to overcome the obstacle. Does your protagonist transform?
As the enemies change throughout the game,the protagonist will get upgraded weapons and abilities. These upgrades will help the player face the challenges.
6. How is the game world simpler than the real world?
In the game world, the player can get out of the battle and refuel their health by getting food and medicine.Also the goal of the game is relatively simple.All the player has to to is get all the Dragon Balls and defeat the dragon.
7. What kind of transcendent power do you give to the player?
The transcendent power we give to the player in the game is make any wish at the end of the game and it will come true. Also the players could use wishes to call a weapon they want to use to fight the aliens.
8. What is the weirdest element in the game story?
The aliens attack a medieval village with a virus that infects the village.
9. How do you ensure that the weirdest thing does not confuse or alienate the player?
We will make the aliens look retro so it fits into the game design of the village and the surroundings.
10. Will the players be interested in the game story? Why?
I really think the players will love the game.It it hugely based off of the Dragon Ball Z Series.
1. In what sense does the player have freedom of action? Does the player "feel" free at these times?
The player can explore every part of the environment. Ideally the player will be able to grab the items, talk to the villagers,fight the aliens. The boundaries in the game will be invisible and will be covered by the trees and the forests. In a nutshell the player will be able to go anywhere they see.
2. What are the constraints imposed on the players? Do they feel constrained?
The one constraint in the game will be the houses with the alien hidden inside.The player will not be able to get into the house until the player kills all the aliens. If the player does not have enough food,money, or weapon strength, the player will be killed by the alien.
4. Can you set constraints to "kind of" force the player to do it?
This is already implemented in our game. The player needs to talk to the villagers to get enough information to progress throughout the game.
5. Can you design your interface to "force" the player to do what you (the designer) wish him/her to do?
We do not have this yet. We might have something in the future where you hit a button and the person you need to talk to next comes to you.